|When ZH Camps are not operating,the beautiful, Zambesi Holidays Centre (10 Kms from Marondera & 1 hour (83 Kms) from Harare) is available for
There are 3 hot water boilers feeding 2 quite separate ablution blocks incorporating a total of 40 showers, 20 basins, 4 private baths and 14 flush toilets.
Dormitories and Cabins• Four big dormitories round quadrangle of lawns, sleeping up to 25 in each.
• Three cottages (or smaller dormitories) sleeping up to 10 in each. Two have large open fireplaces.
• Large cottage with double bedroom; bathroom with 2 showers, 2 basins and toilet; large lounge with open fireplace.
• In the dormitories 3" foam mattresses provided; some single & double beds are available in the cottages.
(All sleeping accommodation is fitted with wooden lockers.)
Indaba buildingThe "Indaba Building" includes:
• Fitted carpet and curtains
• Stage designed for band with extensive power points
• Accommodates 120 with some on carpet.
• Large log fireplace & 2 lighting systems, one with dimmer switch
• Ladies & Gents toilets adjacent
• Seats 100 at 10 tables of 10
• Huge log fireplace & adjustable lighting
• Gas and electric cookers(gas is subject to availability)
• Chippers & deep friers
• 2 deep freezers
• Separate washing up area with hot water boiler
• Stainless steel work surfaces throughout
ActivitiesVolleybal, Playing field, Trampoline (deposit required), Canoes,
Boards on lake, Nature walks. 33m KAMIKAZE SLIDE INTO LAKE!!!
Plus 2 diving boards giving 3 diving levels. The Lake has a river
running through it all year round and is therefore free of Bilharzia
WHAT TO BRING
• Food and Drinks
• Pillows and case, sleeping bag or sheets and blankets
• Soap, Toilet rolls, vim & washing up liquid
• Mosey Coils in summer
• Volleyball and Football etc.
Our staff clean, wash up plates and stoke hot water boilers
(please tip them according to their service)
N.B. Check out time is 12 noon, arrival time by arrangement.
The Zambesi Holidays Centre is run under the auspices of ZAMBESI MINISTRIES, an inter-denominational, multiracial, non-profit making Christian organization.
It is our policy to ensure the Centre and its environment are maintained to the highest standards of tidiness and repair. We therefore reserve the right to refuse any bookings from any group not in sympathy with our objectives or whose credentials do not satisfy us. References may be required.
Because of the risk of broken glass on children's bare feet, please be very careful if glass-bottled drinks of any description are available during your camp.
Please note that day visitors are not allowed at ZHC except by special arrangements. Only those properly booked in and paying the
overnight rate will be admitted.
BOOKINGS Tel: 0712 741 740 /091 328 8557
DEPOSITS: No booking can be confirmed without a signed booking form and a non-returnable deposit in an amount agreed with our office. The amount will depend on estimated total cost of the booking and how far in advance the booking is made. Deposits are normally forfeited in the event of cancellation or re-scheduling.
Campsite directionsFrom Harare, go through Marondera on the Mutare road. 2 kms from the centre of town, just past the 76 km post, turn left onto a narrow tar road (signposts have been removed). Just after the 3.5km post, turn left onto a dirt road – “ZHC” painted on a big rock. Follow the signs. On the dirt road PLEASE KEEP TO 40 KPH AND HOOT ON BLIND BENDS.